Terms and conditions for outside catering events
Seadog bring an experienced and dedicated team to all of the events for which we cater. Fully trained and fully insured we have an excellent reputation and a 5 star rating from North Devon EHO.
We are passionate about sourcing ingredients ethically, sustainably and transparently.
For catering services to be provided by Seadog (‘Company’ or ‘we’)
The contract will be between the Company and the customer (stated below and hereinafter referred to as ‘customer’, ‘you’ ‘your).
Prices and Services
- All prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
- Prices do not include crockery, cutlery, glassware and linen but we can happily provide a quote for this (subject to a 15% handling fee.)
- If the number of guests attending exceeds the number originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge for the extras.
- If the number of guests is less than originally booked, we will still charge for the numbers ordered.
- Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing 4 weeks prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase we can try to accommodate this, but allowances cannot be made if numbers drop.
- For venues over 25 miles from our base in North Devon we charge a mileage fee per vehicle we need to bring to and from the event location.
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing the only services that the Company agrees to provide are the services specified in your catering package.
- Our contract with you for the provision of services will be concluded when you sign this agreement and your non-refundable non-transferable deposit is cleared funds in our bank account.
- Seadog is not responsible for the safe keeping of clients’ valuables, personal belongings and gifts and we recommend that all personal items are taken home with you at the end of your event.
- Seadog cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes.
- All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable 20% deposit for wedding reception catering is required to be made to us in cleared funds, along with a signed agreement, before your booking is confirmed. The balance of the Price will be due in two instalments 8 weeks and 4 weeks prior to the event.
- For other events a non-refundable, non-transferable 50% deposit must be paid in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed, along with a signed agreement, which will be quoted based on the overall price for the event. The balance will be due 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Payment is required via BACS.
Seadog reserves the right to cancel any function or event for any of the following reasons
- If the client or Seadog becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- If the event may prejudice the reputation or cause damage to Seadog.
If in any of these situations Seadog will refund any payments made in advance, but will have no further liability to the client.
The following cancellation charges will be applied, which reflect the costs and expenses we may incur on your behalf as the function date nears, and the reduced time available to us to obtain any alternative bookings;
- The deposit paid is non-refundable, non-transferable regardless of the length of time prior to the event you decide to cancel.
- Cancellation 8 weeks to 4 weeks prior to the event you will be charged 50% of the total contract package price
- Cancellation after 4 weeks prior to the event you will be charged 100% of the total contact package price.
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing (email is sufficient). Only once written cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of quotations, prices quoted only become binding once agreed in your catering package and once the terms and conditions come into force. It is the price quoted in your package which must be paid in full, however, Seadog reserve the right to charge more for food to be provided in the event that the cost of such items increases between the time of conclusion of the contract and the time of the event. In this case the price increase will only be the amount of additional cost directly incurred by the Company and any price change will be notified to you in writing as soon as possible, and in any case, prior to the event.
- All food which is not consumed within two hours at room temperature should be disposed of. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. Seadog cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial two hour period.
- Food allergies & intolerances. Please not that all of our food contains allergenic ingredients. We are happy to provide special menus for those with allergy concerns but only if they have been arranged prior to your event and confirmed in writing 4 weeks before the date.
- Children. Our prices per head in your catering package are priced for adults. All guests over the age of 12 are classed as adults. Charges for under 12’s will be half the quoted price and children under 3 are free of charge.
- Due the seasonal nature of the ingredients we use we reserve the right to alter dishes accordingly but will keep you the customer updated should any changes need to be made.
Sharing Menu stipulations
- Prices per head include VAT where applicable, service costs and platters for the dishes brought by Seadog to the table.
- Whilst it’s great to have a feast we suggest due to space and time restraints you don’t chose both sharing starters and mains.
- Apart from the choices described we do not offer any other options in a sharing style.
- For sharing style event catering we require as much space on the tables as possible so table decoration needs to be minimal.
For sharing options we would require the following;
- Easy access in and out of the venue from the kitchen.
- 6-8 large catering tables inside the catering kitchen space in order to lay out platters needed for service.
- access to a range cooker (if unavailable at the venue then we would need to hire)
- Hot cupboard
Limitation of liability
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement including deliberate breaches is strictly limited to the contract package price and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
(a) For death or personal injury caused by our negligence
(b) Under section 2(3) of the Consumer protection Act 1987
(c) For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or
(d) For any deliberate breaches of the Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us
(e) For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us including but not limited to:
(a) Loss of income or revenue;
(b) Loss of business;
(c) Loss of profits or contracts;
(d) Waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- Any equipment lost or damaged by you or any guest will be charged at the full replacement cost
- Additional charges may apply for the hiring of specialist equipment and if so these will be stated in your catering package.
- The company reserves the right to charge (including for any applicable increased or overtime rates) more for staffing costs should any function run on longer that initially planned or detailed in the catering package through no fault of the Company or the caterers.
- It is strongly recommended that clients arrange adequate Event & Cancellation Insurance to protect against cancellation, costs, damage, public liability.
- Seadog cannot be held responsible in any way for any unsuitable weather conditions that may arise. The normal cancellation fee will be applicable in these situations